In case y’all haven’t noticed, we sort of love to grill. What better way is there, really, of cooking though? It’s fast, little cleanup, and healthy. These artichokes are nothing short of amazing, let me tell you. We had some grilled artichokes at a restaurant on our anniversary and I vowed at that moment to make them at home. We’ve made them twice now and have learned something crucial: make more than one. The kids even loved them. Here’s how to do it:
1. Heat your grill. You’re going to want to cook these on a medium-medium low heat.
2. Select large, fat artichokes (little ones don’t work so well). Start by trimming off the first bottom rows of the leaves with some kitchen shears. Then, slice them in half, lengthwise. Finally, get a spoon and scoop out the little furries.
3. Using a brush, baste the artichokes very liberally with olive oil. Get both sides, making sure to get it deep into the nooks and crannies of the cut-side.
4. Place the artichokes on the grill, cut side up. This is because they will need to cook for about 30 minutes and they will get pretty brown (as you can see from the photo). Flip them about halfway, basting with more olive oil if needed.
5. Remove from the heat and serve with this (I call it aioli, but it’s not)…
(mix in a small bowl till smooth)
1/2 cup mayo
juice of half small lemon
1 tablespoon white vinegar
Dude, if you’ve never tried them like this do it now. You’ll love me for it.
linkin’ up at